Over 200 DUI Cases Tried to Verdict, with a 97.4% Success Rate
If were arrested for a DUI, you only have 10 days to save your license. It is vital to hire an attorney that will protect your rights. At Middlebook & Associates, our practiced DUI attorneys are devoted to the people of Kern County. Recognized as Top 100 Lawyers in America for DUI Defense, you can be be sure that the lawyers at Middlebrook & Associates can handle your case. For award winning representation, contact our firm. To learn more about our team's education and experience, view their profiles below.
Contact Middlebrook & Associates to setup a free consultation. Call (661) 874-1325.
Attorney Richard O. Middlebrook
Middlebrook & Associates, Founding Partner
Richard Middlebrook is a fifth-year Southern California Super Lawyer and is considered the preeminent DUI attorney in the Southern San Joaquin Valley. He focuses on the representation of persons accused of driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs and the forensic science associated with those areas. He spends hundreds of hours a year attending, moderating and lecturing at DUI seminars throughout the world to assist those defending allegations of driving under the influence while expanding his own knowledge and expertise.
He is a founding member of the DUI Defense Lawyers Association and currently serves as their Second Vice President. He is also a Sustaining Member of National College of DUI Defense and a Specialist Member of the California DUI Lawyers Association. He is trained as an Instructor in the administration of Standardized Field Sobriety Testing through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
He has tried 250 DUI cases throughout his career with only 8 losses. He has acted as lead counsel in over 10,000 administrative hearings, writ proceedings, motions, and appeals. His success rate in those proceedings is unmatched anywhere in California.
- California Lutheran University (B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 1990)
- University of California, Davis, Martin Luther King School of Law (J.D., 1993)
- Judge Pro Tem for Kern County Superior Court
- Judicial Arbitrator for Kern County Superior Court and the State Bar of California
- California State Bar, 1993
- Rotary, Bakersfield West (2015-Present)
- Active 20-30 International
- National Director, (2002-2003)
- National Pres.-Elect, (2004-2005)
- National President (2005-2006)
- Int. President-Elect (2006-2007)
- Int. President (2007-2008)
- Bakersfield Active 20-30 Club,
Board of Directors (2000-2003)
- 2nd Vice-President (Fall 2001)
- 1st Vice-President (Spring 2002)
- President (Fall 2002)
- Kern County Sheriff's Mounted Posse, (1996-2003)
- Founding Member and Second VP, DUI Defense Lawyers Association
- ACS-CHAL Forensic Lawyer-Scientist Designation
- Sustaining Member, National College of DUI Defense
- Specialist Member, California DUI Lawyer's Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Chemical Society
- Member, American Academy of Forensic Science
- California Bar Association
- Kern County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
For skilled representation in your DUI case, contact Middlebrook & Associates for a free evaluation: (661) 874-1325.
Attorney Patrick Bowers
Patrick Bowers was born in Tarzana, California and grew up in Santa Clarita and Tehachapi. After his graduation from Tehachapi High School in 2002, Patrick earned his B.A. in Political Science from UCLA. Patrick enjoyed his last quarter of college in Washington DC where he studied at the UCLA Center for American Politics and Public Policy and interned for the Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee.
In 2006 Patrick began his legal studies at Boston University School of Law. While at BU, Patrick participated in the Litigation Clinic and Legislative Internship Clinic in which he interned for the Massachusetts Senate Minority Leader.
Patrick obtained his Juris Doctorate from BU in 2009. Patrick is admitted to the State Bar of California, and the Eastern and Central Districts of California. Patrick was an associate attorney at Clifford & Brown and then practiced in Washington DC. Upon returning home to Kern County, he joined Middlebrook & Associates.
Patrick leverages his developed skills to effectively negotiate for his clients and frame complex legal issues at the appellate level. He is part of the team that handled and successfully argued Department of Motor Vehicles v. Najera (5th Dist. Court of Appeal F069387) which is thefirst California appellate case to address the issue of substantial evidence rebutting the presumption that reported blood test results are reliable.
He practices law to promote justice for our community. We all know that an arrest can happen to anyone; it takes just one momentary lapse in good judgment or bad luck. Patrick is blessed with the opportunity to help good people turn around bad situations one step at a time.
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., Cum Laude, 2006)
- Boston University School of Law (J.D., 2009)
- California State Bar, Eastern and Central Districts 2009
- Clifford & Brown, Associates
Contact Middlebrook & Associates for reliable DUI defense backed by years of experience!