Over 200 DUI Cases Tried to Verdict, with a 97.4% Success Rate
If were arrested for a DUI, you only have 10 days to save your license. It is vital to hire an attorney that will protect your rights. At Middlebook & Associates, our practiced DUI attorneys are devoted to the people of Kern County. Recognized as Top 100 Lawyers in America for DUI Defense, you can be be sure that the lawyers at Middlebrook & Associates can handle your case. For award winning representation, contact our firm. To learn more about our team's education and experience, view their profiles below.
Contact Middlebrook & Associates to setup a free consultation. Call (661) 874-1325.
Attorney Richard O. Middlebrook
Richard Middlebrook was born in Phillipsburg, New Jersey. Now he is a Southern California Super Lawyer and is considered the preeminent DUI attorney in the Southern San Joaquin Valley. He spends hundreds of hours a year attending, moderating and lecturing in seminars. He focuses on the representation of persons accused of driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs and the forensic science associated with those areas.
He is a graduate of multiple summer sessions of the National College of DUI Defense held at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts and Winter Sessions held worldwide. He is trained as an Instructor in the administration of Standardized Field Sobriety Testing through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and is a regular attendee at Mastering Scientific Evidence Seminars. He is also a founding member of the DUI Defense Lawyers Association and currently sits on their Board of Directors.
He has tried over 230 DUI cases throughout his career with a 97.4% success rate. He has acted as lead counsel in over 6000 administrative hearings, writ proceedings, motions, and appeals. His success rate in those proceedings is unmatched anywhere in California.
- California Lutheran University (B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 1990)
- University of California, Davis, Martin Luther King School of Law (J.D., 1993)
- Judge Pro Tem for Kern Count Superior Court
- Judicial Arbitrator for Kern County Superior Court and the State Bar of California
- California State Bar, 1993
- Kern County Sheriff's Mounted Posse, Board of Directors (1998-2003)
Bakersfield Active 20-30 Club, Board of Directors (2000-2003)
- 2nd Vice-President (Fall 2001)
- 1st Vice-President (Spring 2002)
- President (Fall 2002)
National Director, Region 3, Active 20-30 International (2002-2003)
- National President-Elect, (2004-2005)
- National President (2005-2006)
- International President-Elect (2006-2007)
- International President (2007-2008)
- California Bar Association
- Kern County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Sustaining Member, National College of DUI Defense
- Specialist Member, California DUI Lawyer's Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Chemical Society
- Member, American Academy of Forensic Science
- Founding Member and Board Member, DUI Defense Lawyers Association, ACS-CHAL Forensic Lawyer-Scientist Designation
For skilled representation in your DUI case, contact Middlebrook & Associates for a free evaluation: (661) 874-1325.
Attorney Patrick Bowers
Patrick Bowers was born in Tarzana, California and grew up in Santa Clarita and Tehachapi. After his graduation from Tehachapi High School in 2002, Patrick earned his B.A. in Political Science from UCLA. Patrick enjoyed his last quarter of college in Washington DC where he studied at the UCLA Center for American Politics and Public Policy and interned for the Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee.
In 2006 Patrick began his legal studies at Boston University School of Law. While at BU, Patrick participated in the Litigation Clinic and Legislative Internship Clinic in which he interned for the Massachusetts Senate Minority Leader.
Patrick obtained his Juris Doctorate from BU in 2009. Patrick is admitted to the State Bar of California, and the Eastern and Central Districts of California. Patrick was an associate attorney at Clifford & Brown and then practiced in Washington DC. Upon returning home to Kern County, he joined Middlebrook & Associates.
Patrick leverages his developed skills to effectively negotiate for his clients and frame complex legal issues at the appellate level. He is part of the team that handled and successfully argued Department of Motor Vehicles v. Najera (5th Dist. Court of Appeal F069387) which is thefirst California appellate case to address the issue of substantial evidence rebutting the presumption that reported blood test results are reliable.
He practices law to promote justice for our community. We all know that an arrest can happen to anyone; it takes just one momentary lapse in good judgment or bad luck. Patrick is blessed with the opportunity to help good people turn around bad situations one step at a time.
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., Cum Laude, 2006)
- Boston University School of Law (J.D., 2009)
- California State Bar, Eastern and Central Districts 2009
- Clifford & Brown, Associates
Contact Middlebrook & Associates for reliable DUI defense backed by years of experience!